Friday, February 5, 2010

OVER THE TOP AWARD



The title of this award is Over The Top. This was awarded to me by kenju who was one of the original blogs I started following in my "lurker days" and a true "can't miss" blog . She sets the bar quite high and still manages an interesting, fun,often lovely, DAILY blog after all this time. Don't know how you do it Judy. I wore out on the daily posting after only 200 posts. You are an amazing lady and blogger. Thank you so much for the award and very kind words Judy. You're the best.


The deal is: you have to answer the questions with one word and then pass on the award to three other blogs. I really tried but I found "one word" impossible. I not only broke that rule of one word, but I plan to award this to every active blogger on my blog list. You are on my blog list because I really enjoy your blogs and think YOU are "Over the Top".


Having willfully broken the only two rules, all I can say is you will just have to call the blogger police. I never could color inside the lines. Perhaps with my rule breaking, this post should be renamed, "Close to the Bottom".


Hope you all can do that "one word" thingy. I failed miserably.


Okay, here goes.


1. Where is your cell phone? purse (only used for emergencies)


2. Your hair? two toned (white in front, grey in back)


3. Your mother? kindhearted, intelligent, deceased


4. Your father? brilliant, funny, deceased


5. Your favorite food? fried (pretty much anything) Am working on that


6. Your dream last night? Single-mindedly trying and failing to find a restroom in a large shopping mall


7. Your favorite drink? Squirt (might explain the dream.)


8. Your dream/goal? widow of billionaire (thanks Betsy)


9. What room are you in? bedroom/computer room


10. Your hobby? blogging


11. Your fear? I will die before my pets and they will end up in the Pound or "put down"


12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? non-institutional


13. Where were you last night? home


14. Something you aren’t? skinny


15. Muffins? not a muffin person


16. Wish list item? In ground tornado hidey hole or whole house back up generator


17. Where did you grow up? Ohio and Florida


18. Last thing you did? Before this? Walked Mighty.


19. What are you wearing? jeans, tee and sweatshirt


20. Your TV? Currently a "white noise" maker. Tinnitus stinks


21. Your pet(s)? Mighty Dog, Mickey and Minnie


22. Your friends? priceless


23. Your life? Really, really blessed


24. Your mood? astoundingly good


25. Missing someone? My daddy


26. Vehicle? TOYOTA--Yikes, they WERE sooo good.


27. Something you’re not wearing? a bra...aaahhh


28. Your favorite store? Petco


29. Your favorite color? Orange


30. When was the last time you laughed? Walking Mighty just now. He is a hoot.


31. Last time you cried? Sobbed... when a long time friend passed, choked up... last nights "Mercy"


32. Your best friend? Elaine in Ohio, since the 2nd grade. She definitely has friendship longevity and is like a third sister.


33. One place that I go over and over? Walmart... drat it.


34. One person who emails me regularly? Janet, who almost daily tries to make me a Republican. Not working Janet.


35. Favorite place to eat? Brookfalls near Calico Rock


HAVE FUN FOLKS, I DID.


22 comments :

  1. Wow, that's a long list! I am afraid I am too busy at this moment! Can you forgive me, please???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..another tag+award! Congratulations!!! Well-deserved. You're on a roll. I bet even I cannot give one word responses. So we can both safely surrender to the blogger police. "Close to the bottom" was so funny!;-D

    All your answers were a delight to read :-)

    Thanks for passing it on. I promise to do it sometime, breaking afew more rules!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may try this one but it will be a challenge. The reason I like blogging vs. Facebook is I may addiction to verbosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, patti. I got tagged on a different blog and left my answers in their comments. It is definitely fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, Patti.... Love that widow of a billionaire one ... Wonder why?????ha

    You know there is another one I like. It's Number 34... Seems like with Janet and I BOTH hounding you --you'd at least consider switching to the CORRECT side... ha ha

    We have a Toyota also--and STILL love it. I am still a Toyota fan--no matter what. Even with their problems, I'll stikc with them. I've had Toyotas for umpteen years and wouldn't buy a Chevy or Ford now for love nor money....

    Cute post.... love love love it, Friend!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reader wil,
    Oh gosh wil, it is purely optional. No problem.

    lostworld,
    Ah ha, another rule breaker. "We have the right to remain silent...."

    Carol,
    Thanks, it was fun.

    nitwit,
    You and me both. I felt like I was choking on "one" word. Could never text.

    robin,
    Thanks. That is a great way to handle one.

    Betsy,
    That was too cute not to recycle. I did give you credit though.
    I'm lucky, my Toyota is old enough to be exempt from problems. Hope yours is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I got here so late today, Patti. Thanks for the kind words, and I can toss them all back at you!
    Interesting answers; I love Squirt, too (and Wink) and I just loosened my bra.....ahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did good! (Even though you didn't do "ONE WORD?")...I think I've only seen one person's list where she used only one word for each question. Hard!
    Not sure I will do this one, but who knows...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the "OTTA"! Gracious, all those questions and answers remind me of the new wave of telephone surveys that we seem to be getting at the moment. They are getting longer and longer. You need a glass of cold water, and to assume a reclining position in a comfortable chair just to have the energy to keep coming up with answers. I think one of us (either me or she) must have had a weak moment when the phone rang one evening at ten to six when struggling to get the evening meal completed. You know the sort of call.., "Hello, can I speak to Mr Gregory?", "Speaking", "Are you having a nice evening Mr Gregory?" "MMmmmHummmm!" "We were wondering if you would like to help us with a survey that we are running.....?" In a feeble moment, with scalding water dripping onto the floor from a half dropped pan of boiling potatoes, one of us must have squeaked "Yes!" with the thought that it might be easier to be nice in the long run, than to put the phone down! Bad move.... they smell weakness at 100 paces, and keep on coming back!
    Ah-well, nice that you've been awarded, and well done with the answers to the questions too! The word verification thingie to this comment is "twitio" which sounds like me! Some of them are great words, lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti,
    I love reading your blog, because you use big font and an easy to read script. *L* I love reading your blog because it is really good.

    I was delighted to see my lil ole blog in your list in such great company. I'll git 'er up soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award. I find it impossible to answer anything with one word. I'm a blabbermouth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. kenju,
    Thanks for the tag, I had fun with it. Who invented those darn bras. If we ALL drooped, it would be OK.

    OOLOH,
    "One word" really made it hard for me. A real challange for the wordy types.

    Peter,
    Oh, you are way too kind for listening to them. I am on a "Do not call" list but they get past that by conducting "surveys". Anyone asks for me by my full name gets the old "Not interested" and an abrupt hang up. Someday I will probably hang up on some one wanting to give me money, but I will take my chances.

    Amber Star,
    You are on the list because I enjoy reading your blog. Glad you like the "medium" print. "Small" just makes me squint and squinting causes wrinkles.

    SMB,
    Me too, me too. I was strangling trying to use one word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had so much fun reading your answers, but I had also tears well up. May life continue to be sweet to you, you are such a precious person to know!
    Hugs,
    Merisi


    P.S.:
    Do you know anything about "Dishing with Debbie"?
    I am a little worried about her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a lady that lives in Australia send this to me a few weeks back and I was able to answer with one word, thank goodness. Some were rather stupid answers, but still, like for my hair instead of salt and pepper, I put down variegated. We had lots of snow all afternoon and evening, it finally quit this morning early. Then came the digging out part. The snow plow had gone up the street two different times, putting lots and lots of snow at the end of our driveway. Daughter shoveled that out, and I ran the blower over most of the other, then I threw down some salt. Now the sun is finally shining, but the temp is 21. Everything looks so pretty out there, blue sky, white snow, looks like it should be a jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merisi,
    Well hi there, I've missed your visits. Somehow a while back I accidently wiped out my blog list and have been slowly reconstructing it as people have reappeared. Got ya now.
    I'll visit you now and let you know what I know about Debbie.

    Patty,
    I love "variegated." How clever.
    Just hunker down and enjoy your snow. Ours is coming Monday. I do enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful questions with great answers :)

    http://sparkledaroma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy cow! I'm still working on the last one. :) That should be finished momentarily. Ok, Patti. You lit a fire under my butt and I will do my best to update the blog more often. I have even started my hand written journal again, though still not as in-depth as it used to be. We are planning a day trip tomorrow that should make for an interesting post. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tripat,
    Thank you so much for stopping by TNS. Welcome and hope you come back.

    Barry,
    Now that is great news Barry. You are too good a blogger to sit idle. Missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pat Pat Pat !!! :) The answers were fun reading.. Good job .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. sonal
    Thanks,for the "pat" on the back. I had fun doing it.

    Amanda,
    Hay, where you been? Missed you and your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated. No spam will be published nor comments with links