Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye Old Foe

Rarely since I hit 60 have I stayed up to watch the old year roll out and to cheer in the New Year. Last night, I did stay up. I wanted to be sure 2008 was GONE the same way I will watch the inauguration to make sure W is gone and our New Hope really is in control. No longer will I just assume these things will happen.

Being a Pollyanna , half full type person made 2008 all the more difficult to take. It was a struggle to find glimmers of optimism out of the daily headlines. I still could, but it was really effort and time consuming. I'm tired.

We do have new hope this year though. The reins are in new hands and hopefully they will guide this wore out old horse called USA to a brighter future. Lets all get behind that old horse and gently push him forward.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

1 comment :

  1. I'm glad the new year has begun. Once Obama is in the White House, I'll breathe a sigh of relief and let myself really hope again. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated. No spam will be published nor comments with links