Tuesday, March 17, 2009



HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY ------ FOR TODAY WE ARE ALL IRISH.













A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink."Why of course," comes the reply.

The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.

The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland."

"Of Course," replies the second man.

Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"

"Dublin," comes the reply.

"I can't believe it," says the first man. "I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."

"Of course," replies the second man.

Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks: "What school did you go to?"

"Saint Mary's," replies the second man. "I graduated in '62."

"This is unbelievable!" the first man says. "I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '62, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar. "What's been going on?" he asks the bartender.

"Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again."


Two Irishmen, Patrick Murphy and Shawn O'Brian grew up together and were lifelong friends. But alas, Patrick developed cancer, and was dying. While on his deathbed, Patrick called to his buddy, Shawn, "O'Brian, come 'ere. I 'ave a request for ye." Shawn walked to his friend's bedside and kneels."Shawny ole boy, we've been friends all our lives, and now I'm leaving 'ere. I 'ave one last request fir ye to do."

O'Brian burst into tears, "Anything Patrick, anything ye wish. It's done."

"Well, under me bed is a box containing a bottle of the finest whiskey in all of Ireland. Bottled the year I was born it was. After I die, and they plant me in the ground, I want you to pour that fine whiskey over me grave so it might soak into me bones and I'll be able to enjoy it for all eternity."

O'Brian was overcome by the beauty and in the true Irish spirit of his friend's request, he said, "Aye, tis a fine thing you ask of me, and I will pour the whiskey. But, might I strain it through me kidneys first?"













May you always have

Walls for the winds,

A roof for the rain,

Tea beside the fire,

Laughter to cheer you,

Those you love near you,

And all your heart might desire!




Have a sip of the bubbly for me and enjoy a grand St. Patricks Day.




5 comments :

  1. Cute stories, Patti.

    A happy "wearing o' the green" to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were some years ago in Dublin. It's a nice city. We made a guiding tour and our guide sang to hole passengrs. It was very funny.
    Happy Patrics day to you Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jokes. Happy St. Pat's Day to you, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat Hope you have a good one. Ya wearing green?

    Blue How lucky that you got to go Dublin. I would love to go to see the land of some of my ancestors. Maybe some day.

    Kenju Being a Scot is closs enough. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You asked, when we leaves to the trip. The last day of mars.
    In Finland has the right-side traffic. No problems in America, but my husband drived also in England and in Australia in left-side traffic.It's unconfortable for us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated. No spam will be published nor comments with links