Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MUSIC IN BLOOM / JOKES FOR THE REST

I want to give a shout out for an event that will mostly interest Arkansans. If you have this Saturday, May 23rd free, the Mountain View Garden Club is holding its 2nd annual Music in Bloom Garden Tour from 10 am to 4pm, rain or shine.




This is a self guided tour of 6 Gardens in the Mountain View, Arkansas area. This year they will be featuring vegetable gardens along with the usual flower and landscape gardens. The price is $10.00 ahead of time or $12.00 the day of the tour. One of the cool stops is the Ozark Folk Center Heritage Herb Garden. Your ticket gives you access to the whole Folk Center which is a real bargain.


One stop I am really looking forward to seeing is described as,


"Nestled in old growth oaks, this luxurious setting with a private lake will entice you to spend hours wandering through the paths of native plantings, a bird watching paradise."

My ticket is bought and I will be camera wandering and will post what I see. I was involved last year and it was quite successful. They will have musicians at each site also.


After the tour is over, join everyone for the usual Saturday evening music in the square with a plate of fried green tomatoes or an ice cream cone or maybe both.


For info call 870-615-0129. or 870-213-7273

***************************

Now for those of you who could care less---I don't want your trip to this site being
totally in vain. These bumper snickers are for women but the men who deal with us might enjoy also.


Maxine'isms for your bumper

SO MANY MEN, SO FEW WHO CAN AFFORD ME.

COFFEE,CHOCOLATE, MEN ... SOME THINGS ARE JUST BETTER RICH.

DON'T TREAT ME ANY DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU WOULD THE QUEEN.

WARNING: I HAVE AN ATTITUDE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

OF COURSE I DON'T LOOK BUSY...I DID IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

IF YOU WANT BREAKFAST IN BED, SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN.

I CAN BE ONE OF THOSE BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENS TO BAD PEOPLE.

DO NOT START WITH ME. YOU WILL NOT WIN.

*************************

Things you don't want to hear during surgery


Better save that. We’ll need it for the autopsy.

Someone call the janitor -- we’re going to need a mop.

Wait a minute, if this is his spleen, then what’s that?

Hand me that ... uh ... that uh ... thingie.

Oops! Hey, has anyone ever survived 500ml of this stuff before?

Ya know, there’s big money in kidneys. Heck, the guy’s got two of ’em.

What’s this doing here?

That’s cool! Now can you make his leg twitch?!

Darn! Page 47 of the manual is missing!



9 comments :

  1. I hope the weather hold for the garden tour. Isn't it nice to see some sunshine for a change. I wouldn't mind taking a day to drive to Mtn. View for such a nice activity, but I'm dog sitting (two dogs, one blind)from Friday-Sunday. Enjoye the tour; take lots of photos and tell us about it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lvoe garden tours - and look forward to your photos. I love the bumper snickers, especially the one about doing it right the first time!! That's me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I've been to Mountain View and to the Ozark Folk Center--but it was during Christmas week when everything was closed. I want to go back sometime. That's a neat Garden tour. Wish we lived closer.

    Cute jokes.. I love Maxine!!!! The surgery ones are hilarious--but could happen I'm sure!!! ha

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat
    Forecast is supposed to be good. We will see. How nice that the blind dog has a seeing eye human. I had a blind cat once and they do just fine.

    kenju
    This should be a good one and I plan to take pics. That was my favorite snicker also.

    Betsy,
    It was a shame you missed the Folk Center. That is an interesting day. Hope it snowed when you were in Mountain View. It is a pretty little town all decorated. HGTV selected it as one of the 10 best Christmas towns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have previous appointments.

    Some of Mountain View's city government and I have crossed paths in seminars on city planning.

    I have passed through Mtn View several times and am impressed with its planning which seems intergrated and cohesive.

    And I love the bakery at Harp's... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty,
    Maxine gets to say what we only think.

    Nitwit.
    Sad news, Harps is gone, killed by Walmart.
    I'm not a bakery person so I don't know where a good one is now days. A lot of people I know go to Leslie for the best sweets.
    Now ask me where the best fried chicken is------

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha,ha, ...that's really funny! Thanks! I hope you'll have a splendid day on Saturday! Thanks for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Reader,
    I am looking forward to it. Now to answer your tag.

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated. No spam will be published nor comments with links