Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Dog Whisperer

The Dog Whisperer popped into my life on National Geographic Channel which is being offered as a free promotion for a month. Now I had seen him briefly on Oprah and the morning shows but was not overly impressed. However, to see him work a dog is jaw dropping.. I feel diminished that he has not been in my life all this time.




One good thing about watching him correct the horrid habits of dogs is that it makes me realize how really flaw free dog my Mighty is. I find myself through out the shows, patting Mighty on the head and saying,"Gooood Dog" in appreciation. However, as previously mentioned, I ran a rescue center for years and the dogs people abandon are generally problem dogs or sick dogs. I can think of many dogs that came through that could have benefited greatly by the DW's skills.




I started to wonder as I watched the DW, what would he be like as a spouse or father? If I reached for the remote, would I be dealt with a hiss and a poke to the ribs? If I wanted to go to the mall, would I be made to "sit" quietly till he was ready? Potty training his kids might prove interesting. Obedience to his wishes might not be an option. I'm sorry, my mind thinks like that.




Regardless what kind of spouse he would be; he is still a "God" in the handling of dogs. If you haven't seen him and are a dog lover, then by all means watch a master in action. With his advice, I corrected Mighty's one flaw of barking for about 5 minutes when I have to leave him behind. Now after a few minutes of training myself, as well as him, all is quiet as the door closes. Cesar, you are a genius.




A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. Put your dog and your spouse in the trunk of the car for an hour. When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you????????

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments moderated. No spam will be published nor comments with links