I don't know if you watch Big Bang Theory or Mom but they are two of my favorite, laugh out loud TV shows. At the end of each show for about 3 seconds the producer, Chuck Lorre will flash one of his vanity cards. If you don't have a pause feature on your TV, you will never be able to read them. I do and I always check.
The guy is really funny, his topics usually off the wall and will often give insight to the show though sometimes you wonder what he is smoking. Regardless, they are worth the minute to read. The last show, even without the pause feature, anyone could read for it only said," Got nothing."
That was me for today but a blogger I follow, Ginnie at Goldendaze-Ginnie was sweet enough to give me an award. Ginnie has a very interesting blog and she and I have a lot in common. If you don't go there all ready, check her out.
Thank you so much for the award and for bailing me out of a writer's block Ginnie.
The rules are:
1. Link to the blogger who has nominated you.
2. List seven random facts about you.
3. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers and let them know about the nomination.
I am doing 2 out of 3 which is good for me. I have provided links to the posts mentioned on the list if you want details but trust me, the synopsis is enough.
1. First random fact is that I don't always follow the rules as evidenced by my handling of this award. Bad Patti.
2. I love gypsies. My little car had broken down in the middle of nowhere in south Georgia. A band of gypsies stopped to help. The men patched my car, then tucked me in the middle of their colorful group of vehicles and safely nursed me to a large town that would have the part I needed. They made me feel safe and secure.
3, I have been known to over reach which is how I became a clown in a circus. Tried out for high wire for the Sailor Circus,forgetting I am terrified of heights. Funny but a clown costume suited me much better than the tutu.
4. I shared a wall in the hospital with the actor George Hamilton when I quit smoking. Odd how he got all the attention from the nurses and I got zip. He did look fantastic with a 10 day growth of beard and bed hair.
5. I love Mennonites. What a caring and selfless people they are. They gave of themselves in a time of crisis when a flood took all I had. They made me smile when it was hard to.
6. I have been clean and sober since 1976 which is when I cleaned up my act dumping alcohol and is probably why I am alive today.
7. I love blogging, reading others as much as writing my own. Even on days when I "have nothing," a blogger that I follow will save my bacon.
Thank you Ginnie for the award and for giving me some words to type today. I so hate that blank page syndrome.
If you also find yourself facing the dreaded blank page, feel free to borrow this challenge.
What do you do for writer's block?